This putting himself to sleep thing is kicking our (as we say to Ian) tushie! He will be OK like last night and come out of bed 10 or so times than fall asleep. OR he will turn into stubborn-kid and be awake for 90 minutes and crying hysterically like the night before. Huh? Where is the reason or pattern? I'm hoping this is just the transistion phase and he will "get it" soon. Then, when we get back from vacation in September, it is no more sleeping in Mommy & Daddy's bed. That should be a fun one. Last night he stayed in his own until 2:30, which isn't bad. Most nights it is only until 11 or 12.
Ian has always been a great kid except for one thing - sleeping. He is smart and funny and nice and generally well behaved. He eats almost anything and has never pooped in the tub (well, nothing significant). The only sticking point is sleep. It has always come with so much difficulty. The first 6 months were brutal. Getting him to sleep was a battle and then keeping him asleep was impossible. He was the king of 20 minute naps. It nearly killed us. Then for his entire first year plus I was up at least 2 times a night nursing him back to sleep. I know he is not the worst kid out there in this department, but this was exactly what I was afraid of before I had kids, the sleep deprivation. I even brought it up in Baby class.
Now with number 2 on the way, I'm starting to panic. Please, whoever decides what the baby will be like, give us a sleeper! As I type this the baby is kicking pretty good, so maybe she is telling me that she agrees?? Hopefully??
Ian has always been a great kid except for one thing - sleeping. He is smart and funny and nice and generally well behaved. He eats almost anything and has never pooped in the tub (well, nothing significant). The only sticking point is sleep. It has always come with so much difficulty. The first 6 months were brutal. Getting him to sleep was a battle and then keeping him asleep was impossible. He was the king of 20 minute naps. It nearly killed us. Then for his entire first year plus I was up at least 2 times a night nursing him back to sleep. I know he is not the worst kid out there in this department, but this was exactly what I was afraid of before I had kids, the sleep deprivation. I even brought it up in Baby class.
Now with number 2 on the way, I'm starting to panic. Please, whoever decides what the baby will be like, give us a sleeper! As I type this the baby is kicking pretty good, so maybe she is telling me that she agrees?? Hopefully??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home