Bad, bad, bad mommy! I haven't posted in a MONTH! And what a month it has been!
Don had a birthday and we had a weekend of celebration. Some friends of ours had a 7-7-07 party and Don's gift from me was that he got to spend the night there. He set up the camper and had a good time. Me and the kids had a fun time during the day. It is really hard to talk to people while chasing two (well one, but almost 2) kids around, but we try. I took Ian to the store where he picked out a balloon and a cake for Daddy (did you think I would actually bake?). He LOVED doing that. There are pictures on Kodakgallery of that night. We went to my aunts for a BBQ the next day. She has a really nice pool and Ian had a great time swimming with his Nemo fins. We plan on getting him some lessons this fall. For now, it is fun with floatation.
Leah had her 6 month appointment and she weighed in at 18lbs 3oz. It was about what we had figured. I don't remember the height. She has the chubbiest thighs you've ever seen! It is funny that I thought Ian was so heavy at 6 months (he was between 20-24 lbs) and I still think she is light. I guess when the alternative is 40lbs, you adjust. She did great with her shots and only cried for a bit. I think we got new gutters installed that day too - exciting stuff. Don ran a 5K scramble in downtown Hartford that night and Ian (of course) made some friends. He is the most outgoing kid I've ever seen. He will just walk up to people and say "what is your name?".
The next day we flew to Virginia for Jenny & Harry's wedding. What a fun time! Leah came with us and Ian stayed with my parents. Ginanne and Tom watched Leah during the actual wedding so Don and I got some fun time with friends. I felt like I was transported back about 7 years or so.
The next weekend we went camping for the first time as a family. Yes, you read that right. I went camping. I had a really good time. The weather cooperated. The food was good and the campground was a lot of fun. I did make a few mistakes though. 1) I need a sleeping bag. A comforter doesn't cut it when it tips into the 50s. 2) I need some heavy reading material. Don and Ian went to see the band and Leah fell asleep at 8. I had nothing to do besides stare into space and listen to the neighboring kids scream. 3) Leah needs to sleep in a crib when we camp.
There has been many other fun activities over the past few weeks, but are too numerous to mention here. I'm really enjoying this summer. I can't believe that it is August already!
Don had a birthday and we had a weekend of celebration. Some friends of ours had a 7-7-07 party and Don's gift from me was that he got to spend the night there. He set up the camper and had a good time. Me and the kids had a fun time during the day. It is really hard to talk to people while chasing two (well one, but almost 2) kids around, but we try. I took Ian to the store where he picked out a balloon and a cake for Daddy (did you think I would actually bake?). He LOVED doing that. There are pictures on Kodakgallery of that night. We went to my aunts for a BBQ the next day. She has a really nice pool and Ian had a great time swimming with his Nemo fins. We plan on getting him some lessons this fall. For now, it is fun with floatation.
Leah had her 6 month appointment and she weighed in at 18lbs 3oz. It was about what we had figured. I don't remember the height. She has the chubbiest thighs you've ever seen! It is funny that I thought Ian was so heavy at 6 months (he was between 20-24 lbs) and I still think she is light. I guess when the alternative is 40lbs, you adjust. She did great with her shots and only cried for a bit. I think we got new gutters installed that day too - exciting stuff. Don ran a 5K scramble in downtown Hartford that night and Ian (of course) made some friends. He is the most outgoing kid I've ever seen. He will just walk up to people and say "what is your name?".
The next day we flew to Virginia for Jenny & Harry's wedding. What a fun time! Leah came with us and Ian stayed with my parents. Ginanne and Tom watched Leah during the actual wedding so Don and I got some fun time with friends. I felt like I was transported back about 7 years or so.
The next weekend we went camping for the first time as a family. Yes, you read that right. I went camping. I had a really good time. The weather cooperated. The food was good and the campground was a lot of fun. I did make a few mistakes though. 1) I need a sleeping bag. A comforter doesn't cut it when it tips into the 50s. 2) I need some heavy reading material. Don and Ian went to see the band and Leah fell asleep at 8. I had nothing to do besides stare into space and listen to the neighboring kids scream. 3) Leah needs to sleep in a crib when we camp.
There has been many other fun activities over the past few weeks, but are too numerous to mention here. I'm really enjoying this summer. I can't believe that it is August already!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home