So I suppose it is time for a new blog. I can't say that I have a ton to write about, so we shall see how free form posting works. I had a kid-free weekend in New York City. We saw "In the Heights" the 2008 Tony award winning best musical. It was excellent and modern and everything a great Broadway show should be. I, of course, weeped through the entire thing. One of the actresses voices (Mandy Gonzalez, I believe) just made me cry every time she sang. My sister too. Very cool stuff.
I also saw Ellington High School perform "Dead Man Walking". Our family friend, Kady had the lead. Excellent job by those students! I was amazed at what a professional job that they did.
The week prior was crazy! Don was in a class for 4 days becoming a certified car seat tech. So I was a pretend working single mom for the week. I now know, with absolute certainty, that I could never do it alone. Much kudos to those that do. You are very strong!
Ian is pretty preoccupied with dying and death. It is tough to answer his questions and he gets very upset. Anyone have words of wisdom for me in talking about death with a 4 1/2 year old? My mother thought that these were pretty deep thoughts for a 4 year old and I have to agree.
Leah is usually pretty happy and we have gotten over the "I'm not going to sleep in my crib anymore" hump. Her vocabulary never ceases to amaze me.
I also saw Ellington High School perform "Dead Man Walking". Our family friend, Kady had the lead. Excellent job by those students! I was amazed at what a professional job that they did.
The week prior was crazy! Don was in a class for 4 days becoming a certified car seat tech. So I was a pretend working single mom for the week. I now know, with absolute certainty, that I could never do it alone. Much kudos to those that do. You are very strong!
Ian is pretty preoccupied with dying and death. It is tough to answer his questions and he gets very upset. Anyone have words of wisdom for me in talking about death with a 4 1/2 year old? My mother thought that these were pretty deep thoughts for a 4 year old and I have to agree.
Leah is usually pretty happy and we have gotten over the "I'm not going to sleep in my crib anymore" hump. Her vocabulary never ceases to amaze me.

1 Comments:
At 1:28 PM ,
Meri said...
Yikes. HAs someone or something else passed recently, or is this residual angst from Uncle Walt, Dupree going missing, and the neighbor's dogs dying?
No thoughts per se, but maybe if you can reassure him that everyone is safe and no one plans on dying any time soon? And cut back on the movies that have anything vaguely like death in them ... sounds like Ian is just a super sensitive kid!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home