A forum....to hear my thoughts!

Allison's blog about whatever.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Could this weekend have been any better weather wise? I don't think so! Low humidity, temps in the mid-70s. I felt like I was on vacation. Don and I started to tackle the out of control back yard. On Saturday we made a ton of progress. We got 3 areas mulched and bordered between us. I was pooped by Sunday, so Don graciously took over and did another area in the front. We have 4 more sections to go, but I'm amazed at how much better the yard looks. We had some fun too! On Saturday, Tommy and Kara came down and we went to a little carnival. Ian loved all the rides and I was glad that we got a wristband instead of tickets. He even went on some big rides like the giant slide and the ferris wheel. Then we went to the drive in and saw Talledega Nights. I think it was good, but I fell asleep. :)

On Sunday, we stopped for a quick visit at my aunt's to meet my cousin's fiance, Katherine. They got engaged last week at the top of the Empire State Building. They both live in Florida, so it was nice to see them. Finally, we used up an old gift certificate and went for a big meal at the Hazard Grill.

Ian was in a great mood for most of the weekend. He is getting used to sleeping in his special bed in our room as well as his own. Don and I are kicking the house stuff into high gear as we will be on vacation next week for 2 whole weeks at the beach! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home