A forum....to hear my thoughts!

Allison's blog about whatever.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

So Ian woke up at 6 this morning and climbs into bed with me and Don. He found one of my hair elastics and is holding it. Here's how the conversation went.

Ian: "I'm going to make a slingshot with this elastic. I'm going to get a stick and something to put in it, like a rock, and shoot it at somebody."
Me: "We don't shoot things. How did you learn how to make a slingshot?"
Ian: "God told me."
Me: "When?"
Ian: "Last night when I was talking to him. Or maybe when I was watching Ben 10." {A show I don't let him watch.} "Is God in Heaven?"
Me: "Yep"
Ian: "But he is in your heart, too"
Me: "Yep"
Ian: "How do you get to Heaven when you are dead?"
Me: uhhhhhhhhhhh
Ian: "Do the moles bring you there?"
Me: "The moles?"
Ian: "Yeah, because you are in the ground. The moles."
Me: "No, the moles don't bring you to Heaven."
Ian: "Well how do you get there?
Me: uhhhhhhhhhhh

I think my son needs a new spiritual advisor. I'm not doing so well.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Mr. Man said...

    Ha ha ha....Oh my goodness, I love your son. So cute. And how do you know for sure the moles don't take us there? You never know. :)

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Dupree said...

    You are right Laura, I don't know! It could be the moles. Maybe he is a genius or I'm squashing he creativity. This parenting stuff is hard.

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Blogger Mr. Man said...

    Amen to that!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home